photo credit: Steve Lustig
Fiction & Nonfiction
- True Words by Kyle Strachila
- Kyle is a senior in Honors pursuing majors in economics sciences and agriculture food systems, with minors in business and Spanish. He grew up on his family farm near Deming, Washington, the setting of his story, and enjoys hiking, camping and snowboarding, vegetable gardening with his mom, as well as reading books about US Presidents. He plans on a career in agriculture business to utilize his knowledge of agriculture with his leadership skills.
- Chasing Nothing by Rebecka Bence
- Rebecka is a junior in Honors pursuing a major in environmental science, and with minors in Spanish and geology. Writing is one of her favorite hobbies, in addition to baking cupcakes, playing soccer, or just being outdoors. She draws from her experiences living all over the United States, as a ‘military brat,’ to write her fiction and poetry.
- Statera by Teva Mayer
- Teva is an Honors student currently finishing up her sophomore year abroad in New Zealand. Pursuing a major in zoology, and double minors in fine arts and wildlife ecology, she garners her inspiration for short stories, poetry, and photography from nature and the connectivity between the sciences and arts.
- Crimson Stains by Anastasia Fish
- Ana is a sophomore in Honors from Southern California and is pursuing a major in biology, and a minor in Spanish. She joined the ROTC program and is now exploring her interests with the Army in addition to her studies.
- “The Shooting Star of Metanville” by Denali Pavlich Wheeler
- “Becoming the Fourth Notch” by Hannah Ray Lambert
- “Vanishing Point” by Carly Jean Campbell
- “Nine Weeks” by Elizabeth Graham
- “Blue Triangles, Yellow Stars” by Josiah Wai
- “Victorious” by Alex Dankers
- “The Universe House” by Fiorella Grandi
- “A Wound to Close” by Christine Rushton
- “Ascending Faith” by Josiah Wai